Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Thursday night, Wealthy Theater in downtown G-Rap is screening Sigur Rós' movie Heima. It's a documentary of sorts, chronicling their tour of Iceland in 2006. 'Heima' means both "at home", and "homeland", which is exactly what it's about. After touring in support of 'Takk...', the band headed home to play a series of shows, mostly unannounced, free to anyone who showed up. They played all around Iceland, and ended up playing both their smallest, and largest, shows ever.

I am REALLY excited to see it. First of all, Iceland is an absolutely beautiful place. Second, Sigur Ros makes such amazing music...I can honestly say that I will never tire of hearing it. If you haven't ever listened to them, go do yourself a favor and check out their myspace (www.myspace.com/sigurros). Last time I was there, they had their new double disc release, Hvarf/Heim, up to stream. It. Is. Beautiful. Third, I was totally pumped to watch this video in my room, on my tv with crappy surround sound hooked up. In a theater = 99999999 times better. Gigantic screen, surrounded by fellow Sigur R
ós lovers, getting both visually and aurally assaulted by something beautiful.


Thursday night will be AMAZING.

No comments: